Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Business Process and Simplicity

While on vacation in India, I had to figure out the  right customer service to call for a service issue with my local bank. Interesting: I can operate my bank account from anywhere on the web. I cannot speak to "one number" that could fix my issue. The poor CSR on the call uses words like "sir - you can check using the IVR - blah blah". And this is supposed to be the one of the leading fastest growing banks here in India.

Did I tell you that the calls get disconnected immediately when I get transferred?

While growth pains are inevitable, the process needs to improve, and achieve simplicity - no matter what geo the customer calls you from, no matter what channel the customer contacts you, and prompt follow up emails are essential.



No comments:

Post a Comment